Even outside of the pandemic, there are a variety of benefits to using live video streaming for your wedding. Whether you’re looking for an alternative option for guests who simply cannot afford travel, or if you’re longing to make your wedding all the more accessible during the reality that is Covid-19, live streaming is not only affordable, but versatile too.
Below are some other ways you SHOULD consider live streaming for your big day.
1. Using live streaming can connect your elderly loved ones. Additionally, those with physical disabilities, as well as those who couldn’t attend your wedding even post Covid-19 due to financial related reasons, will be able to tune into the action regardless of location. This may especially prove beneficial if your wedding is a destination wedding.
2. Live streaming presents new creative options. A virtual DJ and background effects can make your wedding unique (and enjoyable from the comfort of your guest’s home!)
3. Live streaming can prove friendlier towards your wallet as oppose to hiring a professional photographer. And another bonus: apps like Zoom allow for the main user to record the entire event. So if you’re looking for another way to document your big day, saving and sharing the video feed via Zoom can potentially be a much faster process and cost effective.
4. Live streaming can prove as a great emergency option should closures or weather related events prevent your guests from physically attending.
Some technical aspects to keep in mind:
1. A bad Wi-Fi connection can potentially impact your video feed. Testing your connection and ensuring all your guests have already made user accounts under the desired platform prior to your big day will make for an easier experience on both ends.
2. Children and pets can potentially impact your guest’s attention span. However if you’re planning to save the video feed once things are finished… watching the replay is just a click away!
3. Those who are not as tech savvy may need additional assistance with creating a user account (e.g., Facebook or Zoom). Also…practicing good communication skills and keeping an optimistic attitude can save you from falling into the trap of pre-wedding frustration.
In all, live streaming has its evident pros and cons. Each wedding is different, and should this unique 21st century option carry more benefits for your guests, it may just be worth joining the hundreds of couples who have already used it!
Comments are closed.